Tuesday 12 April 2011

Aging Ungracefully

I turn that nasty number at the end of the year… you know the one, it starts with a 4 & ends with an O MG! and it seems like my body is falling apart in protest. I hear people say you should age gracefully. Your kidding right, Me be graceful! My nickname as a kid was rightly calamity jane. I dont see why old age should change that.
It all started gradually, aches here and there. I found myself groaning when I got up out of a chair one day, how sad is that. After my hysterectomy after being  diagnosed with OC I thought on at least I have one less thing  to deal with,  no more ladies time. Yey, whoo hoo. I almost had a party about that one =o) But no in snuck early menopause the week later. so on top of dealing with post op issues I now turn into  my own private radiator, complete with thermostat problems. 
Went to the doc after  putting up with bad headaches and really sore neck and now they are saying  wear and tear on the joints, bones are slightly smaller than they should be so have to work harder to hold up my head(and no my head is NOT too big as hubby helpfully suggested=oP.) 
So now I have a little hormone implant the size of a grain of rice in my belly to help keep the thermostat working, take a pill to relax the neck, A pill to reduce the brain banging & yet another pill to stop the kaleidescope rainbows happening in my eyes. Soon I will rattle when I walk thats if I dont need my grannies walking frame before I hit 4 OMG!
Till then I’m going to go put on my big girl support panties and go deal with what ever comes my way in my own unique style. It may not be pretty, but at least I will have some laughs along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment