Saturday 16 April 2011

Wasted Day

Completely wasted today and I am happy about it. The next 7 to 8 weeks are going to be flat out for hubster with work. He needed the rest and it hasnt done me any harm to be able to just potter around and get a few odd jobs done before the kids go on break and  my routine is shot to hell. Easter is almost here with ANZAC day entwined into the same weekend. That means for many Aussies they have a 5 day break this year. Hubster has 3 and still has to pop in for a couple of hours on one of his days off. we arent doing much so theres no worries about  messing up plans anyways.
These next few weeks is going to give us a taste of what our life is going to be like for the next 9-12 months. As the year goes on hubster will have so much more to organize with the change of location for his work.   machinery worth millions and the size of mac trucks will have to be moved to their new home a little over 100 km away. while still keeping productivity loss to a minimum. Staff will be juggled between 2 locations for  a few months. Hubster is going to be taking on more and more work related responsibilities, so I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will packing the house up and sorting out the logistics of changing schools, homes myself while keeping the family running like clockwork while we will most likely be living separately during the week for a few weeks or so. 
Moving date is yet to be decided, but we have been told anywhere between November and February. Joy we will probably spend Christmas day with the house completely boxed up. I just hope I dont end up packing up pressies bought early in my bid to get value for money with sales a few months earlier.
It wont be all bad though. At least I wont have to  waste my time with Christmas trees and decorating. I will be so focused on moving I wont have time to  get all stressed about the family politics on who I have to spend the most time with on the day. I already have a 0 care factor with Christmas this year when it comes to  keeping  both sides of the family happy. Truth be known I am already looking forward to next years Christmas. Our first Xmas in our brand new home. I have already made it very clear we will not be travelling up to see any family on the Christmas break that first year. If anyone wants to come down that will be wonderful. But that first Christmas will be sacred for me.
Usually already I am thinking how I can juggle christmas day so both side of the family dont get narky at us but still be home early enough for us to be able to enjoy our kids. with hubster usually only having the one day off after working weeks doing 70+hrs a week, I didnt think it was too much to ask that we get to spend that one day enjoying each other and relaxing… How wrong could I be lol.
This year has been great everytime it crosses my mind I just think really Old Girl you really want to add pressure to your self??? We will be where we are told to be when we get there and if anyone has a problem with it then they can come pack a box for me =oP
today has been about relaxing, recharging and rejuvenating(not to mention farming lol) Let the fun and games of the next week begin♥

No comments:

Post a Comment