Thursday 21 April 2011


I  have been  so lucky to be awarded twice the versatile blogger award by 2 of my top 10 favourite Bloggers http://mymummydaze.blogspot.com/ and http://potsygirl29.blogspot.com/  Both of which are entertaining and insightful as they share their amazing stories. So stealing the Phrase from dear ol Molly "do your selves a favour" and go and check them out.

In return for winning this award I am to share 7 facts about myself that you would otherwise not know.

1. I am incredibly shy. As an adult I have learnt to shield that shyness with rituals I observe religiously to get my mind in the right frame to deal with situations I find physically painful. when in a new situation I am the quiet wall flower until I find my center. At most family and friend gatherings I am found in the kitchen doing dishes, cause not many people go in to do the dirty work.
2. I am about 90% computer illiterate. Yep thats right I have mastered log on, shut down and thats about it. I still dont know if I am doing this  blog post right. It will be an adventure for us all  =oP.
3. I am super competitive with myself but not so much with other people. I dont really like team games cause I dont care if I lose to other people. I have always excelled at solitary sports and never been much of a team player.
4. I have dealt with clinical depression since I was a teen. I have been on and off anti depressants since then. Post natal depression made life unbearable sometimes. 
5. As  kid and even into my teens I had no plans to ever get married or have kids of my own. Even when I fell pregnant for the first time it was more because it was expected of me. My dad even figured I would never get married and taught me how to rebuild a car engine, change a tyre and do basic handyman  jobs, because at my 17th birthday, I had yet to even have a boyfriend but both my younger sisters had been dating for years. The day I held my baby though I took my competitive nature to a new level and  have been trying to better my parenting skills since. I may not be the most openly maternal mother but I would pull out my own heart  to keep my kids alive.
6. Spiders terrify me. At the age of 7 my oldest became in charge of saving mum from scary spiders=oP.
& lucky number 
7. while I am not religious I am deeply spiritual. I find the whole religious thing a very personal thing so rarely speak about it. I am happy to let other people have their own opinions and beliefs and would never presume to contradict their convictions because at the end of the day it gives them comfort, and at the end of the day thats what it is all about. But I do find I get frustrated when I see people that should know better vilifying another persons beliefs.

Furthermore, as part of accepting this Versatile Blogger Award I am invited to award the title to 15 other bloggers that I have newly discovered.

As a very new to this all blogger, Every one of my bloggers I follow are newly discovered, So I will go with the ones that post most often since I started following them or have made my day with their clever musings and insights. Again I hope this is all working =oP
and of course we cant forget
&

These are all awesome blogs in their own right. I follow a different range of blogs, and these awardees cover that range. Explore the amazing posts of these different people for their honesty, photography, craftiness, humour, inspiration, anecdotes and kitchen table wisdom. While you're there, make sure you congratulate them on their award!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! How thoughtful. I also appreciate your thoughtful comment on my last post. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome wanderlust. I enjoy reading your blogs and look forward to many more♥

    ReplyDelete