Friday 25 March 2011

I Am One Hot Woman!

Yep I am one hot woman. How many of us ladies ever get to say that out loud and actually mean what they say? I can tell you up until the last year or so I never would of been able to say that with out sarcasm dripping from the statement. Last Night at 2am I woke up and though man I am hot, so darn hot I sizzle! This morning woke again and thought to myself I am so darn hot it hurts! Menopause during summer time is one of natures cruel twists and with mother nature going through her own menopause at the moment I think she has decided that her fellow aging beauties must  feel her pain also.


Man its hot here. Not even 8am and already I am sitting here melting away. We just experienced our hottest summer on record in the Aussie state of Western Australia. Now its Autumn, almost through March and its already been the hottest March on record for us. Yesterday the weather man said that we should be expecting these high temps through to at least mid April. Looks like the Poor Easter Bunny will get a taste of what  dear jolly Ol Santa has to deal with every year when dropping off the goodies to  all of the good little girls and boys.


Really I sometimes kick myself for complaining. Here I am whining and whinging cause I want it to rain here, yet our buddies on the east coast have been  through a hell of a summer. Actually I dont think summer reached them this year. Drought stricken states have had record rains, Flash flooding's to  cope with constantly  since well before Christmas and just this week, yet another lot of flash flooding and  more loss of life. On top of that they experienced one of the most powerful cyclones to ever hit mainland Aussie. If thats not enough they have a small earth quake just days after the Japanese Earthquake. Honestly whats next for them? 


Everyone here on the West coast  feels empathy and  compassion for our East coast family, But honestly, it is sometimes hard to  look at all that rain and water the news crew are showing us and not think, hey just a little bit of that wet stuff would be great here. Each time the weather man says the temp and a chance of a storm I actually laugh out loud. 


Things got exciting a couple of weeks ago, a massive storm front came through. suburb no more than a 10 min drive from us were getting rain. My Brother in laws house  was severely damaged  an hour away up in the hills and we were hearing reports on the radio that there were  flash flooding due to the amount of rain dropped. Hubster and I sat out side watching the storm clouds surrounding us. marveling at the  darkness of the clouds. We were anticipating  our first dancing in the rain for the entire summer. All that excitement and an hour later its all gone. where is this rain? I got exactly 3 drops on my head and that was it!!!! 


Come on Mother nature do you have to be this cruel? I am not asking much, as much as I would love a blizzard right now a couple of days rain and cooler weather is not a big ask is it! Think of your fellow aging beauty she is in need of respite and in all honesty the people in her world are not as forgiving when she erupts. She isnt given  the same level of empathy when she weeps. She sure as heck doesn't have  the people in her world  wonder about her in awe of her massive mood swings. 


So how bout you give a grumpy old gal a break and cool it just a smidge, cause this old broad is finding being a hot woman not all its cracked up to be.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it cools down for you. Have been seeing the temps on the news each night thinking you guys really havent had a break from it.
    Im in QLD and temp wise this summer was much milder but humidity was some of the highest Ive ever felt, and Ive lived here forever. Days where the tiles in the house are actually wet and slippery from humidity is was just crazy.
    Were having one last 'hot' snap here too with this week mid 30's all week cannot wait for it to bugger off and have some cool again.
    Happy to send you some rain though, yes its raining here again today.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the humidity is hard isnt it. even here on the dry hot days it just seems easier to bare. I feel for you guys having even worse humidity than us. I dont know if I will recognize rain when it finally gets here lol

    ReplyDelete