Thursday 10 March 2011

I Clean For A Living & I Am Proud Of It.

Yep thats what I do each Friday Morning. I get up, get my kids ready for school do a few cleaning jobs around the home, load my car up with all the tools of the trade and off I go to my first house with a big smile on my face.


No denying it. I love doing my job and I am proud to say I am pretty good at it. While my place could do with hiring me once a week as well, I love that feeling when I have finished cleaning  a clients place and knowing when they walk in that afternoon, they will be happy they paid  out the money. Theres a certain satisfaction in knowing you have given someone value for their dollar and I cant deny I get plenty of satisfaction, knowing I am contributing financially into the family home again.


I know all us women say we raise the kids, we keep the house, pay the bills and work a full time job as it is contributing plenty to the home and I am not disputing that. For me though after working 10 years full time pre kids and the fact that I earned as much as hubster at the time I found dropping  my wage for full time nappies and washing machines harder than I expected. 


My sisters made it look so easy.  To me I thought yep I run a department, deal with teen staff, ordering stock, finding out why said stock hasn't turned up and dealing with the headache of stock takes each week. One baby will be a breeze, Like having one big holiday! What the hell did I know Huh! But this is a whole other blog for a time when I dont have to get ready for work =o).

7 comments:

  1. I love my cleaning lady. She transforms this place from mess to perfection in just under 2 hours. Dont know what I'd do without her. I bet your clients think exactly the same thing. It really is worth every cent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! You do sometimes hear of people that get bad or lazy cleaners (My mother inlaw's cleaner was terrible), so its nice to hear people appreciate that person that comes in and makes a home just that much nicer to walk into.

    I have been truly lucky to get wonderful clients, who give me mostly a free reign to use my brain and common sense to see for myself what I think needs to be done, rarely does a week go by without getting a thankyou message, which makes me feel good and in turn want to keep on doing a great job.

    Sometimes its just the little extra things you see and do for them that can make a difference to someones day if it has been a hard one at work. I always feel if you can do one thing a day to make someone elses day a little better, then your one step closer to a better life for your self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuke never wanted anyone else in our house while we werent here, so when he went out to sea, i had a house cleaner..and OOOooo the feeling of coming home to a pristine house...nothing better!!
    Well NOW he is out of the Navy and i cant have one *sigh
    Im hapy to hear you love your job, good for you..that is rare for a cleaning person ( I think) lol (((((((J0))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your layout..its Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you Nicki. I have to admit I would be a little funny about someone I didnt know coming in to my home while I am not home to start with, but then again I would feel weirder if it were someone I did know. It all comes down to trust and privacy I guess. sadly both are things we see so little of these days.
    I think you would find most cleaners are proud of what they do, we do the mucky jobs no one else wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to clean houses when I was at Uni, and my exSIL makes a good living do it, I think it is a great job. I seriously am considering it for when both mine are in school, alongside some personal organising type stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best part of House cleaning is most of the time clients are flexible therefore a great job for mums with kids in school still. If your kid is sick, its not the end of the world for you to either change days or miss a week. For that matter often they are ok with you bringing your kids along if needs be.

    ReplyDelete